Friends of Primarily Primates
The sanctuary provides a lifelong home for elderly monkeys, birds with neurotic habits such as feather-plucking, and animals who exhibit sicknesses because labs bred them that way. They’re accepted at one of the few places in the world willing to care for them. Primarily Primates is a refuge of last resort.
Make a Support Primarily Primates donation.
Visit the Primarily Primates website for the the latest updates and videos.
PPI: Recent Events and Commentary
- Primarily Primates Prevails in Federal Animal Custody Suit - Parties Who Took Texas Refuge to Court in Oregon Fail to Comply With Federal Rules
- Update: Lawsuit Against Primarily Primates Is Over
- Founder of primate sanctuary excluded from reorganization
- Settlement for Primarily Primates Means Refuge Can Move On
A Significant Event:
The office of the Attorney General of the State of Texas agreed it would be in the best interest of the State of Texas, PPI, and the animals entrusted to PPI’s care to release the receiver and to undertake this new transition of operations to a restructured board. On 28 May 2007, the judge approved that agreement.
PPI News and Commentary History
- Video of Primarily Primates
- Slide-Show of Primarily Primates
- Special Report: Primarily Primates’ Original Care Crew Mourns Gigi’s Death
- Copy of Letter to San Antonio Express-News
- Open Letter from Stephen Tello
- The Struggle to Save a Sanctuary and a Movement
- Primarily Primates
- The Assault on Primarily Primates Continues. So Does the Struggle to Save It
- Message from Stephen R. Tello, President of Primarily Primates
- Open Letter to Mary Beth Sweetland of PETA
- PPI's response to Peta's Allegations
- Sanctuary Under Siege
- Sanctuary Needs Support from the Animal Advocacy Community